Welcome to Our Blog!
Hello and welcome to our first blog post from RIQC Ltd!
We decided to create a blog to keep you up to date with what is going on in our industry and how it might affect you.
ISO 9001:2008 is changing! The new version of the standard: ISO 9001:2015 has been launched, taking the new business world and environment into consideration. Therefore, it is important to transition to this latest standard before September 2018. Don’t risk your certificate!
Key Differences In The New Standard:
· The structure- it now follows the same overall structure as other ISO management system standards.
· A focus on risk-based thinking.
· It is now easier for people with multiple management systems to use it.
Benefits To You:
· Addresses supply chain management more effectively.
· Puts greater emphasis on leadership engagement.
· Organisational risk and opportunities can be addressed easier.
· It is much less prescriptive than the 2008 version.
· Is more user friendly.
· Increased profit potential with the ability to become a consistent competitor in your marketplace.
· A more efficient way of working to save time, money and resources.
· Improved operational performance will cut errors.
· Broaden business opportunities by demonstrating compliance.
What Should You Do If You Are Still Using ISO 9001:2008?
· Do further research- read up on the latest standard!
· Consider what your company needs to address- it will make the transition easier.
· Go further now by producing a plan of the gaps you have.
· Provide training for all relevant people and make sure you update everything to match the new standard.
· Finally, if you are already certified, talk to the body about transitioning to the latest standard!
Remember, there has been a three- year transition period from the date of publication which was September 2015. Therefore, from September 2018 ISO 9001:2008 will no longer be valid. A GAP Analysis is also available to ease the transition. You only have 8 months left!
For further information, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.